Review : Marc Anthony Bye Bye Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner

by - Thursday, September 17, 2015


Before I start off with the review, let me explain to you about my hair condition. I have a mid length, thick, naturally wavy hair which I love, but sometimes they can get really dry, especially at the ends and frizzy. That's the main problem for my hair, frizzy. I'm actually tired of trying every kinds of shampoo available at the pharmacies, from the cheapest to the luxurious ones that will make my hair less frizzy, until I found out that the main ingredient, Sulphate in shampoo might be the cause for the frizz in my hair.

The most common sulfates that are used in shampoos are Sodium Laryl Sulfate (SLS), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate (ALS). You better check your shampoo now. The reasons why companies use these ingredients in the shampoo is because it is a cheap ingredient that helps your shampoo to leather up. However, it is bad for your hair because it strips away the natural oil produced from your hair, thus making your hair really dry, frizzy and brittle.

Therefore, when I saw word 'Sulfate Free' on the tube of this shampoo, I am totally attracted to it. Okay that's a lie, the first thing that made me attracted to this shampoo is the purple tube. Cute! This is actually my first time trying a Sulfate free shampoo, and I put quite a high expectation on it.


The Shampoo

I was actually surprised the first time I used this shampoo because it leathers up really well! For a sulfate free shampoo, I thought I need to use more of the product than regular shampoo to get my scalp really clean but I actually need just a thumb size of this shampoo per use. So one tube will actually last you quite a long time because you only need a small amount of the shampoo to wash your hair. For the scent, it smells really nice, like a sweet flowery scent, however it does not linger in your hair for too long.  The result is significant! I realize that my hair is a lot more tame, less frizzy and easier to manage, especially when I woke up in the morning, looking in the mirror and be like, "hey no more bed hair!". I got the shampoo for RM43.90 at Watsons. You can get it for cheaper during Sales.

The Conditioner

The product itself is really thick. To me it's just like a normal conditioner, but it does moisturize my hair really well and leaves my hair feeling soft and smooth. I don't even want to use any other conditioner for the shampoo though, I really feel like they complete each other and I have to use them together to get the best result. hehe. The conditioner have the same scent as the shampoo. This one also costs RM43.90 at Watsons.

Overall, this is really the best shampoo and conditioner that I've ever tried. Most regular shampoos out there will leave my hair feeling dry and frizzy, but not these babies. I will never let my hair touch any shampoos that contains sulfate in the ingredients anymore! Sulfate free shampoo sure do costs more than the regular ones but trust me, for the result that you're gonna get, it worth every cents. Time to change your shampoo! There's a lot of other brands out there that makes sulfate free shampoos that I'm sure your hair gonna love. Give it a try!


Pros:

  • Tames frizz
  • Not drying
  • Love the scent
  • Leathers up really well
  • Affordable

Cons : 
  • None
Will I repurchase? 
Totally!

You May Also Like

0 comments