Review : Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin

by - Wednesday, September 23, 2015

If you don't know yet, it is my final year of studying here in Bintulu, Sarawak. And for that matter, there will be a lot of dinner events that I will have to attend as to celebrate our pre-graduation and at the same time, final exam is just around the corner so my skin has been stressing out. So for the last few weeks I have been looking for a good foundation that will provide a good coverage and will last for a long time. Did some research and I found that the Revlon Colorstay Foundation had win so many girls' hearts that it even become their holy grail drugstore foundation, therefore decided to pick it up and give it a shot.




I got one in the shade 310 Warm Golden. I think it is a perfect match for me since my skin has gotten a little tan these days. This foundation claims to wears up to 24 hours. I have no idea if that is true since I never wear any foundation for 24 hours. But in my experience of using it, it really do have a powerful longevity on my skin. I wore this foundation at 6pm, and went home after an event at 12, looking at the mirror and I would say that this foundation doesn't budge at all! Since I have a combination skin, any foundation usually makes my skin become a little oily at the end of the day but it's a different case for this one. You really don't have to worry about touch ups.




I applied the foundaton a little too thick on the back of my hand hence why it looks cakey. But trust me, this won't look cakey at all on the face! It gives a a matte finish but not too matte. However, the consistency of this foundation is really thick, so applying with a brush can be tricky as it could leave streaky marks. So it is better to be applied using fingers or a damp sponge.



As for the coverage, I would say that it gives a medium to full coverage. It covers my dark spots and redness really well. The only downside to this product is how it is packaged. I am sure many of us would prefer a foundation that comes with a pump cap rather than having to pour the product out like this one. It is hard to control the right amount that you need. Plus, because the foundation is too thick, I found it quite hard to get the product out and have to give it a little jerk, just like pouring out tomato ketchup. What a hassle!

Here how it looks on a selfie!

Overall, I do love this foundation so much. I got it for RM56.80 from Watsons. A good foundation to splurge on if you're looking for one that gives good coverage but will not leave your face looking cakey, and will last very long. Highly recommend!

Pros :

  • Medium to full coverage
  • Long lasting
  • Not cakey
  • Lightweight
  • Good oil control
  • Fair price

Cons : 
  • Inconvenient packaging
Rate : 4.8/10

Will I repurchase?
Yes!

You May Also Like

0 comments