Review : Maybelline White Superfresh Powder Foundation (03 Natural)

by - Thursday, September 10, 2015


To be honest, I am not a liquid foundation person. I always opt for BB creams or just a face powder when I go out. Probably because I don't like how some foundation ended up making my face oily at the end of the day. When Maybelline releases this powder foundation, I was amazed by the good reviews that it gets from other beauty gurus and immediately went out and got one for myself. Keep on reading to know my opinion about it!

The Packaging

I am not gonna lie, that I just LOVE how simple and classy the packaging is. It has a white cover with metallic silver wording on it, and a clear bottom. It is not a bulky packaging means you can easily keep this in your handbag without taking up much space, and is very sturdy too! It has a very big mirror inside which is really helpful when doing touch ups and comes with a soft sponge as an applicator.

Refillable


Another great thing about this powder foundation is that you can buy a refill! Do you see that blue circle with a hole in the middle of it on the sticker? That is where you should push through a pin or anything pointy to get the powder case out and replace it with a new one. You can buy the refill at a cheaper price, so that you don't have to pay twice for the packaging itself. Plus, it comes with a new sponge too. Very nice isn't it?

The product



I find that the powder is really smooth and it gives a light to medium coverage for my skin. What I really like about this foundation is it comes with SPF 34++. Perfect for someone like me who have my lazy days where I don't feel like putting on sunscreen. *feeling guilty* Other than that, it can withstand sweat really well! I have been under the scorching sun a lot with just this powder but the product never slip and slide due to sweat. Therefore I rarely need to touch up my face throughout the day. Though, I don't think that the claim that it stays matte and fresh for up to 12 hours does the justice. My face do get a little bit oily around the T-Zone after about 6 hours with this on, which is still pretty impressive.

Swatch


 I really like how matte the powder is and how well it covers some of my acne scars, in this case my veins. Lol. However, you have to be careful as this powder can sometimes emphasize the dry patches on your skin. So be sure to apply a moisturizer prior to this powder!

In a nutshell, this powder foundation has actually become my staple makeup product. It only retails about RM23.90 at the drugstore. If you haven't try it out yet, I have to say that you should! Especially if you love that natural finish without the cakey foundation look on.

Pros :

  • Sleek packaging
  • Sweatproof
  • Great oil control
  • Light to medium coverage
  • Affordable

Cons :
  • Can emphasize the dryness on your skin

Will I repurchase?
Yep!

You May Also Like

0 comments