Review : Freeman Clay Mask Mint and Lemon

by - Friday, September 04, 2015


My face can get pimples really easily sometimes especially when I'm stressing out or when I am not cleaning my face properly with all the makeup I have during the day. So I'm always up to try different kinds of masks out there to help clearing the breakouts and any dirt off of my face. I heard that clay mask can do a very good job in drawing impurities out of the skin, especially for people with oily skin. So I decided to try out one of the Freeman's Clay Masks available in the market and got one in Mint & Lemon. There are several other ones like Avocado & Oatmeal, Chocolate & Strawberry, and Acai Berries. But I decided to pick this one up because of the good ratings that it got from the internet.



As you can see from the ingredients listed, it uses bentonite and kaolin clay for this mask. Both of these are very beneficial for our skin. Bentonite clay is also known as the 'healing clay' and is very good for detoxifying the skin while kaolin clay helps to purify and deep clean our pores.The consistency of this mask is quite thick, but the application is very easy. The color light green, just a typical color of a clay mask. I usually just use my fingers to apply the product on the problematic areas, which is usually around my T-Zone. But for this review, I'll apply it to all over my face to get an optimum result.


This is me trying to look scary with the mask on. Hehe.

Upon application, the mask really does give a minty feeling when it is on, which is quite refreshing.  But the mint kinda goes away while it is drying up. And it does smells like lemon! But the scent is not too strong, just settle. Once it dries, it leaves my face feeling tight and will leave cracks if I try to smile. That's when you know you can already rinse it off, which usually takes around 10 minutes.
To rinse it off, I use lukewarm water because it is easier to 'melt' the mask compared to using cold water. And then I splash my face with cold water at the end to close up the pores.

 I can actually see in person that this mask does help a little in lightening my face. It is probably due to the lemon. After rinsing the mask off, my skin felt so soft and smooth! Even the pores are less visible so putting make up after having this mask on is a breeze. The only downside of this mask is that it can be a little bit drying. So putting on moisturizer afterwards is a must. 

Overall, for the price, I think this is a very good mask. It only costed me RM20 for this huge tube at Watsons. 

Pros : 
  • Helps to clear breakouts
  • Lighten the skin a little bit
  • Smells good
  • Soften and smoothen the skin
  • Very affordable
Cons :
  • Quite drying
Will I repurchase?
Yes

You May Also Like

0 comments