Review : Bourjois Air Mat 24H Foundation

by - Monday, October 10, 2016




As you might already know, I have an oily skin. So when I know that there is a foundation with a matte finish in the drugstore, I had to try it. The Bourjois Air Mat Foundation is said to last up until 24 hours on the skin, which to me is a bizarre claim. But nonetheless, who would wear foundation for 24 hours anyway? That is sooo so bad for the skin lol.

I got one in the shade 03 Light Beige when it was on 10% at Watsons. The original price was RM54.90. It is definitely not the cheapest for a drugstore product but it is still affordable. It comes in a tube packaging with 30ml amount of product. I believe it comes in 6 different shades overseas, but in Malaysia Watsons only carries 4 shades, which are 01 up until 04 Sand Beige.



The interesting part of this foundation is the texture which lives up to its claim to be lighter than air. It is so lightweight, literally I feel like I have nothing on my skin even when it is layered on to certain areas on my face that needs more coverage. I have an acne-prone skin and my pores tends to be easily clogged, however I do not find that problem with this foundation. It does not break me out. It does not comes with any SPF.


True to its name, it definitely dries to a matte finish. I would say the coverage is medium to full, and build able without giving you a cakey look. All of my other face products like my contour powder, blusher and higlighter goes on smoothly on top of this foundation. It blends very easily into the skin. I love using my makeup sponge to blend it in.

Does it lasts up to 24 hours? I would say not even for 12 hours. Being a matte foundation, I don't think I am supposed to set it with a setting powder as the finish is already powdery matte, adding a powder on top may end up giving me cakey look. But I do apply a primer underneath and still find my T-Zone to be oily after 4-5 hours of application. However with the right setting spray or powder, the longevity can be prolonged.

I swatched the foundation on my jawline when I wanted to purchase it and find that this is the perfect shade for me. However I find that it oxidizes a little bit throughout the day and by the end of the day, it will look darker than how it is first applied. So I would suggest you to buy 1 shade lighter so that it oxidizes perfectly to your skin color.

Pros :

  • Very lightweight
  • Medium to full coverage
  • Doesn't break me out
  • Blends easily
Cons :
  • Needs to be set with powder or setting spray for people with oily skin
  • Oxidizes a little bit throughout the day


You May Also Like

0 comments