Review : Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in Firefighter

by - Monday, December 03, 2018

When it comes to doing my makeup, lipstick is the part where I am always the most excited about. I personally think that I look and feel the best with a little bit of color on my lips. But to find one that stays all day, is very though.


This product claims to last for 16 hours on the lips. That is a huge claim for lip products considering we gotta eat and drink and some of yall maybe smooch throughout 16 hours in a day of your life. As for me anyway, my mind is already trained to reapply my lipstick throughout the day so I gotta bring a lipstick with me for touch ups whenever I go out.




Let's talk packaging. I personally think that packaging is sleek and I love love love the fact that the tube resembles the color that you're getting. It is very helpful when you're someone that owns another 100 nude lipsticks (I am exaggerating but you get the point lol). And the white top just add a touch of class to it. Some of you may think it is pretty bulky for travelling, but I don't mind it.



It has a reservoir tip which is uncommon in other lipstick products and I actually adore it so much. The pointed tip makes application soooo easy and fast. Do you see that divot in the middle? From what I have read, it is so that the applicator collects more product onto it. Genius! I am usually not a fan of scents in my products, but this one has a sweet vanilla scent that I can look pass it. I am not sure if it is the same scent for other colors though.


Freshly swatched

After set, it turns a little darker exactly like the color on the tube packaging.

The shade that I got is 75 Firefighter, which looks like a burnt orange. I should have got other colors if you look at my lipstick collection but what can I do, I love orange lipsticks so much hahaha. Within one swipe, this covers my lips perfectly. I have other matte liquid lipsticks that are streaky and needs multiple coats for the opaqueness that this one from Maybelline gives in one swipe.


Like any other matte lipsticks, this one does settles into my lip lines as well. It's a no surprise for me though, matte lipsticks often tend to suck up the moisture on my lips. But on another note, does it lasts long on the lips? I'd say heck yes!


The first time I tried this, I went on a Kfry date with my boyfriend. Oh you know Kfy, those juicy chicken drumsticks covered in layers of cheesy goodness. So I went to the ladies afterwards because I didn't bring my small mirror for touch up, and to my surprise, I didn't need to! It stays put and didnt budge at all, damn I was so surprised. Surprised of how good my lips still looks like after gobbling on that meal. I did a kissproof test on the back of my hand and guess what? Absolutely nothing transfers! But, you gotta allow at least 2 minutes for it to set on your lips first.

On another day, I wore this lipstick and went lunch with my girlfriends and I ordered Carbonara. Now this one made my lipstick fade. However, my friend was wearing it too and she had a good amount of pizzas but her lipstick stays put. Therefore I can say that with this lipstick, it won't last very well on...omg what is "berkuah" in english? Haha! To my malay readers, you get the point. If you don't understand malay, I'd say just avoid creamy things like pastas with this lipstick or those Asian soupy meals. Other than that, you're good to go.

My friend Ayu (Front) after having pizzas, absolutely no reapplication needed!

Overall, this is by far the best matte liquid lipstick that I own and I am already planning to get more colors. The longevity is no joke for a drugstore product, damn Maybelline you've done great! I am so impressed. For RM35, this worth every single penny spent. I give this a 5/5, go grab yours now!

Pros :

  • Lasts long
  • Doesn't need to touch up after certain meals
  • Affordable
  • Very opaque
  • Easy application
  • Color on the packaging is exactly what you're getting inside
Cons :
  • A little drying. Just a little!

You May Also Like

0 comments