Review : Freeman Hydrating Cream Mask [Manuka Honey and Collagen]

by - Wednesday, December 19, 2018


Ola beauties! Who doesn't love pampering themselves in the weekend right? I'd rather do facials at home rather than going to skin spa for facial treatment. This is because I have been to a few of them and I always ended up having breakouts afterwards. So as for now, I can only trust myself for my face hahaha, which explains my mask collection at home. Maybe I should do a post about my mask collection soon?

Anyway, Freeman is very famous for their facial masks that are so good and affordable. I have tried the Mint & Lemon Clay mask, and Cucumber Peel Off mask from their regular line. Loveee the first one, not so much for the latter. But, this is my first one to try from their new Beauty Infusion line, the Manuka Honey and Collagen Hydrating Cream Mask

There are 2 other masks and 1 overnight mask from this line.


credit picture from packagingoftheworld

Packaging wise, I really love it! It looks very exclusive compared to colorful ones from their original collection. However, the content is a lot little for 118ml compared to 150ml from the original version, and it is selling for RM47 in drugstores. A little expensive I would say, so I expect this mask to be amazing. This mask is serum infused and dermatologist tested. What's good about Freeman is that they don't test it on animals, so big yay!



This mask claims to :

-Instantly boosts moisture
- Restores smoothness
-Improves elasticity

The mask comes out in thick white cream, almost like hair conditioner. It smells like hair conditioner too lol. Despite having manuka honey as one of the main ingredients, it doesn't feel too sticky. It just sits well on the face. I usually apply quite a thick layer and let it sit for about 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing it off. 

When I first apply it on my skin, it gives me a tingling sensation. I don't know if that is good or bad, but the tingling will be gone after a few minutes. So as long as I didn't get any irritation from this mask, I'm good lol. But if you have a very sensitive skin you might wanna take this as a concern, because there are mix reviews online about this mask that says it burns for their skin. 


Visually, it doesn't give me any extravagant changes. It's not those typical mask that brightens your skin temporarily for that wow effect after you rinse it off. But my skin definitely feels a lot smoother and softer to the touch. It feels adequately moisturize and comfortable afterwards, like I do not need to add on any more moisturizer, but I do so anyway. My skin just feels hydrated and moisturized, that's all I can say about it. I am not sure about elasticity improvement, because I do not notice any plumping effect or any other improvements.

I even tried applying this every single night for a week but my skin still gets dry during mid day. If you're wondering, yes I am someone who drinks a lot too.  I do however, notice that my pores are tighter and appear smaller, but the effect is temporary.

Do I recommend this thing? If you have very dry skin and are looking for a good mask that really focuses on moisturizing, sure! Why not. But other than that, I know a lot more other masks that moisturizes and yet gives a lot of other beneficial stuff at the same time for cheaper. My all time favorite moisturizing mask is definitely Rice Wash Off Mask from Skinfood, so you might want to check that out if you think this is a bit too expensive for a drugstore mask. Overall, this is a very good hydrating mask, but it's just can't replace my all time favourite hehe.

Pros :
  • Very hydrating
  • Tighten pores
  • Skin feels soft and smooth afterwards
Cons : 
  • I'm not a fan of the scent and how it feels like hair conditioner
  • A little pricey
  • Effects are temporary

You May Also Like

0 comments