Review : Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam and Scrub Foam

by - Tuesday, November 06, 2018


Innisfree is one of my favorite korean beauty brands. I've tried their skincare, makeup, nail polish, you name it. I love all of em.

I don't usually have acnes now unless I am under intense stress, but my main skin concern has always been about clogged pores. I have stopped using my clarisonic to cleanse my skin for awhile just to test this cleansing line credibility on its own. I have used the entire tube of this cleanser so I can definitely give you guys my verdict confidently.



Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam


Let's start with the cleansing foam. I'm just gonna say it, I love it. I used to prefer gel cleanser a lot more to cleanse my skin but this cleanser have converted me to love using foaming cleansers again. It leathers up a lot and I just loveeee how clean yet moisturized my skin feels afterwards. It doesn't make my skin feel squeaky clean like a lot of other generic foaming cleansers does.


This cleansing foam also contain little beads called volcanic scoria that helps to exfoliate your skin a little bit in the beginning. But it dissolves after a while of massaging it and Innisfree claims that the volcanic scoria helps to absorb excess sebum purifies clogged pores. So don't worry, they are not those typical artificial micro beads that can pollute the aquatic environment. After rinsing, my skin will appear brighter and my pores look cleaner as well. Now that I am out of this cleanser, I will definitely go and repurchase.

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Scrub Foam


Now to the pore scrub foam. Judging from the tube itself, you may think that I rarely use this thing, right? Well, you are absolutely right! Lol. I ordered this from my friend when she was in Korea because I loved the cleanser so much, I thought I might enjoy the scrub more. Without doing a research before hand, I just ordered it confidently and was so excited to use it, until I actually use it and was shocked to know that it actually foams up hahaha! Yeah, that's the only reason why I don't really use this.


I am confused whether I should use the cleanser before I use this scrub because both of them foams up and I feel like I will be over cleansing my skin whenever I do that. And I really don't want to skip using the cleanser because I enjoy that one so much and how it cleanse my skin. Ignoring the foaming part of this scrub, the scrub is actually very satisfying to use and my skin feels soft and smooth afterwards. I wouldn't repurchase this, just because I don't think it is necessary for my scrub to foam up.

So, does it work to treat clogged pores? I would say yes, but not perfectly. It did help to minimize, but I still do have some clogged pores situations so I guess I will go back to my Clarisonic regime. All and all, 5 stars for the cleanser, and 2.8 for the scrub!

You May Also Like

0 comments