Review : First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

by - Friday, October 12, 2018


You know how I usually go for gel or balmy moisturizers for the longest time ever? If you have been following my blog, you might notice that I often tend to avoid cream moisturizers as I have oily skin. The last time I did, I broke out terribly. It was a drugstore moisturizer haha. My holy grail moisturizer was the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel. However, I have noticed difference in my skin type as it gets drier and drier since a few months ago.

No gel or balmy moisturizers seem to be working for my skin at one point it just seems drier, oilier and duller. I looked into my beauty samples drawer and found a deluxe sample size of the First Aid Beauty Repair Cream so I thought, let's give it a try.

Thank you Sephora for this deluxe sample size! It lasted me for about a month

I was hesitant at first, because this is the first cream moisturizer I am trying after the longest time ever. I didn't expect anything other than it would probably give me bumps and acne. If that happens, i will just use it as a hand moisturizer. And oh boy, I was wrong.

THIS IS THE BEST MOISTURIZER EVER!

I was not expecting much because even though it gets pretty good reviews online, it also gains quite a good amount of negative reviews. It is a quite popular though. I guess this is the kind of product where you either hate it or love it. I'm glad I'm in the latter category.



First, let's talk packaging. The moisturizer have different types of packaging for different sizes. The one that I am using comes in tube packaging for 56.7g (RM54). The other two are 170g which comes in tub packaging (RM135) and 226g (RM178) in tube. I don't understand why the 170g needs to be in tub unlike the other twos. It is the sole reason why I didn't pick it up as tubs can be very unhygienic in the long run. I am guessing they just provide options for the customers' own preferences.

Ingredients : water/aqua/eau, stearic acid, glycerin, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, glyceryl stearate se, glyceryl stearate, cetearyl alcohol, butyrospermum parkii butter, dimethicone, squalane, allantoin, camellia sinensis leaf extract, caprylyl glycol, ceramide 3, chrysanthemum parthenium extract, colloidal oatmeal, disodium edta, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, glycyrrhiza glabra root 

It doesn't have crazy long list of ingrediets, but it does contain a lot that I don't understand or never heard of lol. Therefore I just did some research online and found the ingredients to be completely safe for the skin

Ingredient analysis by https://www.skincarisma.com

"Banish dry skin with First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream. Suitable for all skin types, especially dry, flakey skin, this hydration wonder leaves skin feeling smooth, hydrated and comfortable after just a single use." - First Aid Beauty website

It does claim to be suitable for all skin type so seeing this analysis is a relief to know that they really stand up to their claims. Even though it is a cream type moisturizer, it is actually water based. It is not marketed as a face moisturizer, but just moisturizer in general so people with eczema or any other dry skin conditions can use this product for that matter. 

I was afraid the first time I used this product because I can just tell that it contains silicon by the texture. And to no surprise, it is indeed not silicon free. My skin can get clogged up very easily so I tend to avoid products with silicon in them. Fortunately, this moisturizer doesn't clog my pores at all and instead, it helps to heal textures from my skin. Talk about amazing!

I do not have very bad textures to begin with, but just like I said that my skin gets clogged up very easily, so I do have some bumps here and there and therefore I rely on my blackhead extractor a lot. Ever since I started using this moisturizer, not only my skin become smoother, I rarely ever get acnes too! Less acne means less scars, and less scars means less texture! It's not named "repair cream" for nothing I guess. On Sephora website, it is described to be exfoliating so I guess that is one of the reasons how my skin got cleared up from bumps.

Do you notice how smoother and more moisturized my hand looks in picture 3 versus in picture 1? 

The cream itself is pretty thick, kinda like a whipped cream texture. But it absorbs very fast into the skin no matter how much I apply. It doesn't leave me with an oily look, but rather a bit of a glow. And it definitely works well to give ample hydration for my skin. Sometimes, even with gel moisturizers, my skin will be oily at the end of the day so I would need an oil blotter. But not with this one! My skin feels and look great throughout the day, with or without makeup. Yes, even in this crazy hot weather of Malaysia! 

This is not the moisturizer if you're looking one for brightening, or something that targets acne. They do have other products available for those concerns. 

This has definitely become my number one moisturizer now, beating all other moisturizers that I have used before. You probably won't see me reviewing any new moisturizers for awhile because I have finally found the one lol! I use this product as both daily and nightly moisturizer. Overall, 5/5 and would totally repurchase over and over again!

You May Also Like

0 comments