Eat : Pinggan Puteh

by - Sunday, October 14, 2018




I rarely do eatery review, but when I do, it is because I love the place a lot that I feel like I have to share it with you guys. I love you guys okay, if I eat good foods you guys gotta have em too. This time it is for Pinggan Puteh, a restaurant in Shah Alam that serves local dishes.

I knew about this restaurant from a blog post about pink themed cafes in Malaysia. I can tell you that there's not much here in KL/Selangor area. So this is a good place if you're looking for a pink eatery.



The interior gives a clean and homey vibes. I especially love the mirror decorations on the wall. It gives out a modern look. I went there pass lunch hour so there were not a lot of customers.



Pricing for the foods are average for fancy cafes like this in my opinion. Even though they prepare local dishes, I don't necessarily think that they are overpriced, due to the quality of the foods. And the taste. They are so so good! If you're not into local foods, they do have western options (see Pinggan Barat section in the menu)

 Pinggan Utama : Lemak Daging & Sayur Asin (RM12)

Sago Gula Melaka (RM5)

Virgin Mojito and Kasturi & Asam Boi (RM6 each)

It was an unplanned trip. I went there with my boyfriend to accompany him getting his late lunch. I already had mine prior, so we didn't order much. But, we are very satisfied with our orders nonetheless. I loveeeee love the drink that I order a lot! I love both of them but I love mine slightly more, the Kasturi & Asam Boi drink. It is very refreshing. If you're from Sabah and you know about Kitchai juice, this is exactly the same drink. I used to order Kitchai a lot when i was in Sabah, so this brings back memories.

I would come back for that drink alone <3


Now here where it gets pink! This area is a must for instagrammers to take a photo. It's pink and pretty. You can just search for the keyword "Pinggan Puteh" on instagram and I'm sure this area will pop up a lot in people's photos haha.

Another area for good photos (outdoor)

Overall, I would highly recommend this place. The foods are so good. That lemak cili api we ordered? It has just the right amount of spiciness and lemakness, as if that is even a word lol. My boyfriend enjoyed it a lot and he said he want to come back here next time too.

Address : No. 30/G, Jalan Kristal K7/K, Seksyen 7, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor 

Tel : 0355246828 

Price : RM16 - RM40

You May Also Like

0 comments