Review : Too Faced Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar

by - Monday, August 29, 2016


What I adore about Too Faced products are definitely their packaging. Almost majority of the concept of their products are inspired by delicious foods. So when they combine the two of the best things in the world; makeup and foods, BA-BAM! 

I got this palette a while back in May as a birthday gift from my bae, so thank you so much to bae! I love you to the moon and back, hehe. This is the updated version of the original chocolate bar palette which Too Faced claims to consist of cooler shades while the semi sweet version has a warmer shades. Let us just appreciate the packaging real quick. It comes in this chocolate bar shaped tin with a magnetic closure. So cute.




It consists of 16 beautiful shades made of 100% cocoa powder, and this palette legit smells like cocoa powder. As a major chocolate lover, I approve! It has 7 matte shades, 6 shimmery shades and 3 glittery shades. I think this palette is very versatile as you can create unlimited looks with the shades given. From daily makeup to smokey eyes for a dinner party, you name it. Any look can be achieved with this palette. 



In terms of quality and pigmentation, I am surprised on how buttery and smooth these eyeshadows are. They are super blendable and lasts pretty long on the lids. 

I personally love every colors except for two, which are Pink Sugar and Blueberry Swirl. I had a high expectation on Blueberry Swirl as it is supposed to be the pop of color in this palette, but the pigmentation could be better. While as for Pink Sugar, it's really just straight up glitter. You have to wet your brush if you really want the pink color to show up. 

On the other hand, Peanut Butter is my favourite shade in this palette. You can either use it as a transition color or overall lids, both are super pretty. I usually use it as an overall lid color though. Coconut creme is also great to be used as a highlight on the brow bone. It is matte, but I sometimes use it instead of shimmery highlighters to lightly highlight the inner corner of my eyes just to brighten up the whole look.

Overall, I really do love these palette despite some of the few shades that aren't my favourite, but I can get pass over that. I have been using it every single day ever since I got it. You can grab yours at Sephora and it retails for RM199. It may sound expensive, but considering you are getting 16 eyeshadows in this palette, you're basically paying for only about RM12 for each color. That's not too bad, eh? Two thumbs up!

You May Also Like

0 comments