Skin Food Rice Mask Wash Off Review

by - Sunday, February 07, 2016


I forgot how much I used to love this mask so much when I was in high school until I repurchase it from Althea. ( Althea purchase haul here ) This has now been a staple in my skincare routine. I use this mask whenever I want to have that brighter and healthier skin look before I go out. Keep on reading to know why!


The first thing to notice when you put this on is definitely the scent. It has this really soft smell, kinda like baby product smell that I really like. I think the name itself is self-explanatory. Just like any other wash off mask, you put this on for 10-15 minutes, and wash it off with lukewarm water. 

The mask does not dry when you leave it on even for long, so I never leave it on any more than 15 minutes. I find it very moisturizing that sometimes it can over-moisturize my skin causing it to become a little oily if I leave it for too long. But the oiliness goes away when you wash it off though, so it's not a big deal.


The texture and consistency of this mask is interesting. It's creamy and light with bits of tiny particles that are really soft and gentle on the skin. I usually wet my hands with a little water and massage my face with the mask on before washing it off completely and the tiny particles help to give mild exfoliation on the skin to get rid of the dead skin cells.

Once rinsed, I notice that my skin is suuuper smooth, which makes application of make up is a breeze. There is also noticeable brightness, but it's not permanent. This makes me curious about other Skin Food masks available, especially the Brown Sugar mask. That one is super hyped by their users.

Overall I do love this mask a lot. It retails for RM45 but I got it for only RM26 from Althea. For 100g of product, this does last me quite a long time. I wish it did came with a spatula though. Quite unhygienic to dip our fingers in the tub every time we want to use it.

Pros :

  • Good scent
  • Brightens and smoothens the skin
  • Moisturizing
  • Gives mild exfoliation
  • Affordable
Cons :
  • Does not come with a spatula

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I actually hardly seen anyone reviewing the rice mask wash off from Skinfood (maybe because the black sugar wash off mask is waaaay too popular) so thank you for this! hehe :D

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! I've never tried the black sugar one tho, might try that one when I'm out of this one ;D

      Delete
  2. Hai , cara pembayaran di althea tu bank in duit ke ya ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hye! sorry lambat reply, ada banyak cara but salah satunya yep, online bank in ^^

      Delete