Review : Onsaemeein Magic Solution Skin Powder

by - Saturday, September 22, 2018

If you know Mario Badescu's drying lotion, you may already have an idea about how this product works. I am not sure if the ingredients are similar, but they seems pretty much the same visually and technically.


I bought this product from Althea, which is where I usually get my Korean beauty products from. It only costed me RM35. Now if this product works, that is definitely a steal because Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion costs about RM91 at Sephora! That's a huge difference if you ask me.

Banish those spots with Onsaemeein’s Magic Solution Skin Powder, a 2-in-1 solution made to target those pesky zits. This “magical” solution comes with a powder right at the bottom, topped up with an anti-bacterial solution at the top to really get treat blemishes, making them dry up and go away ASAP. Be sure to let it settle before using to for it to really work! - Althea website


As you can see, this product inside is separated into two parts. The pink magic powder settles at the bottom, and clear solution on top. You are not supposed to shake and combine the two to use it, but even if you do, they will automatically separates again after a few seconds. It comes in a glass bottle that to me is quite sturdy, but I am still cautious about travelling with it. I did a couple times and so far, no problem!

Salicylic Acid is one of the key ingredients in this product. I love Salicylic Acid for my pimples because it is so gentle for the skin. It helps to dissolve dead skin cells and excess sebum. Other than that, they also add Witch Hazel and Dryopteris Crassirhizoma extracts in it which are also beautiful ingredients to be used for acnes. Witch Hazel is good at minimizing the pores and soothes the skin, while the Dryopteris Crassirhizome extract helps in keeping the skin clear and healthy. 



So to use this product, you have to use a q-tip. In my country, it is more common to be called as cotton bud. So take your cotton bud, and then just dip it into the bottle, through the clear solution to get some of the pink powder. The pink powder will stick to the cotton bud, so just take it out through the clear solution again, and directly apply it to your problematic areas. If you need to add more, please make sure to use a new clean cotton bud. Don't redip the used one to avoid contamination of the product. I mean, you if you already touched your skin with the cotton bud, you're basically going to transfer the acne bacteria to the product if you do redip it again in the bottle. Yikes. I would suggest to use this product at night when you're sleeping because the pink spots can look a little bit silly on the face hahaha. But if you're not going anywhere during the day, feel free to use it.


It feels a little bit cooling, but not too much when it touches the skin, probably the Witch Hazel. I don't notice any strong scents so that's good. Does it work though? Yes! A hundred percent. But, I would say it works better for acnes that are reddened and sits beneath your skin. You know, those type of acnes that you can't pop? Yes, it works best for that. Sometimes it takes just one night for it to shrink. For acnes that you can pop, meaning those ones that contain pus in it, it will take longer to shrink, about 2-3 nights.

Other than clearing the zits, this product also claims to : 

- Brightens darkness 
- Improves elasticity of the skin 
- Plumps up fine lines

I have used this product for a little over two months, but I can't really notice any other difference except for it helping me to clear the acne. It may not brightens darkness, but it also doesn't leave me with nasty patchy or dark scars. The acnes just come down gently and naturally. It can be a little bit drying for the skin, but as long as you moisturize well beforehand, you're good to go.

The acne significantly got smaller and flatter in just one night!

Will I recommend? Absolutely yes! Especially if you're looking for a dupe for that Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I honestly have never tried that one, but why should I since this one works just like its name, magic! With more than half of the price. 

You May Also Like

0 comments