Review : Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence

by - Tuesday, February 06, 2018


Biore is definitely one of my favorite drugstore skincare brands, hands down. They have an array of good quality products that are beyond worth it for the price you pay. Today, I'll talk about my new favorite sunscreen, the one and only Aqua Rich Watery Essence! This product is a number one selling sunscreen in Japan, believe it or not. I bought it out of curiosity for the hype it gets.

I have tried the older version of this sunscreen, which comes in a plain baby blue tube packaging. I didn't love the old one that much. I can't remember exactly why, but I think it was because it broke me out. But that was wayyy back in high school and I heard they have changed the formula.




The UV filter is exactly the same as the old version, which is SPF50+ with PA++++. You can look it up on Google of what that means. It would require me a whole new blog post to make you understand about all of these terms for sunscreen. However I can tell you for sure, that protection wise, it is very good for both UVA and UVB rays.

The product comes out as a pale yellow liquidy gel. It is not too thick or too thin, but have a slight citrus scent to it. I am not sure whether the scent is natural or additional fragrance is added. But usually my skin is pretty sensitive to products with added fragrance but it is reacting fine with this one. So yay for that!




It is a little bit cooling to the touch, but I guess that's because it got shiz tons of alcohol content in the ingredient list. I'm just gonna pretend that I'm not aware of that because this product does moisturize my skin a little despite the alcohol content. It is a MUST to wear sunscreen everyday, but I was always slacking because of a lot of sunscreen textures being too sticky or greasy. I have absolutely no problems with this one. It spreads as water like gel and absorbs into the skin completely, leaving a matte finish. I love it so much!

It does not make my skin oily throughout the day. But, I don't think it protects my skin from tanning as good as the Biore UV Perfect Face Milk Sunscreen. I went to a water park with this on and got some tanning afterwards. I mean..pfft. It's water based anyway. I'd say it is a very good everyday sunscreen, but if you're looking for something that will be really sweat and waterproof, go for the milk sunscreen.

Pros :
  • Affordable
  • Very light
  • Non sticky or greasy
  • Absorbs easily
  • Moisturizes the skin
  • Doesn't break me out
  • High SPF and PA protection

 Cons :

  • Not waterproof

You May Also Like

0 comments