Review : Royal Expert White Whitening Cream

by - Tuesday, January 24, 2017




Hello again! I am in the feeling of sharing more skincare loves with you guys so here I am with my current favorite moisturizer! It is the one and only Royal Expert White Whitening Cream. If this your first time hearing about this brand, then I am so honored to be the one introducing it to you muahaha.

This brand is actually from Pakistan and it made its official debut of online website to sell their products in Malaysia on 2009. That was about 8 years ago. I remembered using this cream when I was in high school once. For reasons that I cannot remember, I stopped using it and transitioned towards other moisturizers. But I remembered loving it and how good my it made my skin looks during my teenage years. 

A little background of how I started using this cream. (Skip if you're not interested!)

During my Diploma years, I was one of those girls who totally got sucked in with all the hypes around local skincare products. Probably because I've seen results with my own eyes from my friends who are using them as well. Back then I was uneducated about the mercury content in most local products and the aftermath it can leave your skin with. I've tried probably I would say...three brands of local skincare? None of them improves my skin except making it worse. Ugh, even reminiscing on it already makes me feel stupid enough. Why la I terjebak dengan semua tu? 

Thanks to mostly the Twitter community, because I've started hearing bad things about local skincare products so and seeing my skin just gets worse and worse with all the little pimples and clogged pores, that at one point I was like, that's enough. I am tired of  trying new things, I will just go back to what I know will work. So I started using drugstore skincare again, which are the Gamat cleanser and toner from Safi and a moisturizer from Organic Aid. Those products are the ones that I used during my high school years as well. Alhamdulillah, with those products and the extra help of my beloved Clarisonic Mia, my skin started clearing up. Unfortunately I am left with a lot of scars and hyper pigmentation (forever regretting local products) so I decided to invest in this cream to help lighten them up. I just know it will work!


 I'll have to warn that there is Methylparaben used as preservative for this cream. The arguments about parabens in skincare will never end I guess so it is basically a personal preference. If you want to avoid it, then you do you! I personally am okay with it since I do not want fungal or any bacterias to grow in my products lolol. You can read more about parabens being used in skincare here.

Now reading from the description, it has a lot of claims, huh? I'll list them down for you

Brightenig
Moisturizing
Reduce wrinkle
Tightening
Nourishing
Removes pimples

Are those claims true? Well, keep on reading!



Texture wise, is very interesting. It is more like a balm, rather than a cream. It is very thick but it melts right into your skin once you rub it in. This cream has a minty scent to it and you'll feel a mild cooling sensation when you apply it to your skin, which I loveee. The first time of using it will be very significant, but you'll get used to it and may not realize the cooling sensation anymore after awhile lol. For oily skinned people like me, don't worry. Despite the thickness, it does not make my skin oily at all.

This cream retails for RM125 from their website, but you can get it for cheaper if you buy them in sets of your preferences. I personally get mine from an instagram shop for RM120 and I got this cream, Royal Expert Whitening Soap and a free beauty mask. I use the soap only in the morning because I like to use a more intense cleanser to get rid of my makeup. I do mostly use this cream in the morning. I have about three night creams including this one and switch them up depending on my skin needs at that time. But hey, for using it only once a day now, the result that I'm getting is remarkable. Here's proof in pictures :


I mean, obviously the lighting is totally different but you cannot deny how faded my hyperpigmentation and scars are! My overall skin tone has evened out and brightened. This is after 3 months of using it religiously. Whaa? Just where did most of the pigmentation on my nose and cheeks gone lol! I cannot tell if this cream actually help with pimples because yes, I do not get pimples anymore except for that time of the month but I solely believe that is majorly due to my Clarisonic. But just try it! You won't regret I promise haha.

Hands down, by far the best topical cream ever. You'll see results I can guarantee. Price wise, not very friendly to the pocket but hey, for 50ml? It is so worth it! Almost four months of using it and I'm just at almost half of the tub. Oh yeah, speaking about tub, this does not come with any spatula so if you're afraid of contamination, I would advise using your own spatula instead of your bare fingers. Even if you've already washed them, okay?

You can get your Royal Expert products here

Pros :

  • Brightening
  • Fades acne scars and hyperpigmentation
  • Even out skin tone
  • Just overall makes your skin glow
Cons :
  • none none none, but I do wish they sell it in the drugstores.

You May Also Like

55 comments

  1. Hi sis, boleh tak sy nak letak review sis pasal produk Royal Expert ni di IG/fb page sy? Nanti sy letak link credit 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hye there! Sorry sangat lambat reply, and yeah sure! Go ahead :D

      Delete
  2. Is it really okay..since i hav a very sensitive skin n hv a very hard time lookinh for d suitable skincare

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Recently there has been a controversy about it containing a high amount of mercury, but they are still running a second test for it. I'd say wait for the test result first yeah

      Delete
  3. Is Royal Expert were banned due to high level of mercury

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I've just recently heard about it too! Super disappointed even though I've actually switched to another moisturizer before the scandal goes viral. Did not experienced any mercury withdrawal symptoms so far, and it said to be suspected only so they are running a second test for it. Hopefully the second test would be a negative because it would be so disappointing to know that I've put such thing on my skin lolol

      Delete
    2. Hai. Sis , boleh saya tahu ? Ig mana yg jual royal expert tu ?

      Delete
    3. Hai. Sis boleh saya tahu ig mana you beli cream tu ?

      Delete
    4. Hye! Nama account dia zuerianara, try search dekat instagram yeah. Tapi buat masa sekarang saya suggest untuk hold dulu dari try Royal Expert sebab ada news kata dia ada mercury content yang tinggi :(

      Delete
    5. https://www.facebook.com/Royal-Expert-White-Cream-Chennai-1997391320543790/

      any one need royal expert cream in chennai contact me : 9884123429

      Delete
  4. Kalau satu set berapa dan ada apa ja ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I beli set untuk oily skin, RM120 ada soap and the cream, tapi tak guna pun soap tu cause dia mcm kering sikit untuk kulit saya. Beli cream sahaja pun okay, but like I said, ada news kata ada mercury so maybe postpone dulu niat untuk beli until confirmed yea

      Delete
  5. Sis, macam mana dengan result second test tu? positive or negative? because i baru je beli whitening cream and cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hye, not sure la, tak ada dengar apapa berita lagi. But the company yang own the product said maybe yang online sellers banyak jua fake,yangtu yang ada mercury, but I don't know lah, tak berani cakap haha. You can read the article here http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/royal-expert-whitening-cream-contains-high-mercury-levels-hsa-8870844

      Delete
  6. Dh confirm ok x royal Expert Cream whitening niy.. Sy still pakai lg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hye, not sure la, tak ada dengar apapa berita lagi. But the company yang own the product said maybe yang online sellers banyak jua fake,yangtu yang ada mercury, but I don't know lah, tak berani cakap haha. You can read the article here http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/royal-expert-whitening-cream-contains-high-mercury-levels-hsa-8870844

      Delete
  7. So dissapointed bila ad news ttg high mercury in royal expert..baru ja nak jatuh hati with this product..hopefully 2nd test will be negative..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me toooo! I suka sangat effect dia, takut just certain orang yang tak bertanggungjawab buat fake REW ni yang ada mercury kan, i still ada lagi extra tak habis guna lagi, tengah tunggu result kotkot false result T^T

      Delete
  8. Huhuhu saya bru pakai sebulan.. Pastu dapat tahi kata ada mercury.. Dia betul2 buat muka saya hilang jerawat.. Parut pun berkurang.. Tapi buat masa ni saya pki sekali sekala kot rather than every night.. Really2 hopefuly the result will be negative

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kecewa kan! Me too, banyak parut saya dia tolong kurangkan :(

      Delete
  9. HSA: High levels of mercury in Royal Expert Whitening Cream, Latest ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Can you share the source for the latest result? I googled it but only the old article from May comes up

      Delete
  10. Mcm mana nak tau result tu kuar ye?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kena rajin google I guess, I am still waiting too, tak sabar nak share haha.

      Delete
  11. Hi readers and admin! u guys can check it out here; http://npra.moh.gov.my/index.php/recent-updates/cancellation-of-traditional-cosmetic-product/cancellation-of-notification-of-cosmetic-products

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have tried many very expensive facial products from France US etc but none of them suited me. It only got worse and burnt my skin until I found Royal Expert. I bought Royal Expert from India and it really works so well. I have been using it for 4 years since. I do a medical checkup every year...I am perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How the result???naknguna balik royal expert..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello I am royal expert lover . Somehow, the new royal expert really upsets me . I had a terrible bad skin condition . My acne popping out and my face not even lightened. The old cream used to be PERFECT and now even though I continue using this cream it just kept my acne more and more .... I'm really really upset I don't know which cream would suits me now . Plus the scaring on my face..? Ohh so saddd :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry to hear that! I have completely stopped using their cream ever since the news come out. You should use a more gentle skincare now or consult a doctor to get an opinion. They will know just what to prescribe for skin that is going through a breakout.

      Delete
  15. Hi there iman, did you know that royal expert has releasing their new upgraded whitening cream? It's called royal expert 3B skin lightning cream. I contacted their seller about this product due to the mercury thingy in their last whitening cream product. The seller said to not to worry about the mercury in the cream ingredients because it has the KKM approval & it comes with barcode. I just purchased this new cream & gonna see whats happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen some ads about the new one! Pretty exciting, hit us up in the comment if you want to update about it! :D

      Delete
  16. Is it ok to use royal cream now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people say it is now published as safe, but still, use it at your own risk yeah haha

      Delete
  17. Hi sis.sy nak tanya .mcm mana kita nak check royal expert yg baru ni yg 3B tu tak ada merkuri ye.dekt website kkm ke .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanya experts in the lab sahaja yang boleh check, tapi saya dengar yang 3B is KKM approved, but a lot of other products yang before ni KKM approved but then ada problem jugak kan, so saya tak berani jamin huhu. But so far tak pernah dengar ada problem lagi

      Delete
  18. Where can buy royal whitening cream... mostly nowaday i could only see 3b cream here ......ooh god ...can u plzz tell me where can i buy whitening royal cream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I don't use this cream anymore so I am not so sure about that, but maybe you can check online sellers on instagram

      Delete
  19. Better not to use this cream...I mean the new 3B cream...can see the difference between the previous one...skin getting darker and darker..

    ReplyDelete
  20. https://www.facebook.com/Royal-Expert-White-Cream-Chennai-1997391320543790/

    any one need royal expert cream in chennai contact me : 9884123429

    ReplyDelete
  21. royal expert sesuai untuk lelaki tak ? bcs i baru try semalam, fr whitening cream, and can you share it to me waktu bila you pakai ? thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boleh, actually apa apa jenis skincare pun unisexual, means lelaki dan perempuan dua dua boleh guna. I guna everytime lepas cuci muka, kalau you ada guna toner, guna selepas toner as a moisturizer. Dua kali sehari, pagi and malam. :)

      Delete
  22. Hii. Betul ke royale expert 3b nie ade mercury ??? And nk tahu ade paraben sekali tak ?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Any other skin care that u would recommend to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend Nature Republic Aloe Vera gel if you're looking for something to clear up your skin

      Delete
    2. I would highly recommend Nature Republic's Aloe vera gel if you want to clear up your skin

      Delete
  24. Any other skin care that u would recommend us to use as for now? I heard of Tabitha. Is that good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't use Tabitha, it contains high amount of mercury. Use products that are already in drugstore. I would highly recommend Nature Republic's Aloe vera gel if you want clear skin, and use Skinfood's Rice Wash off Mask regularly to brighten up the skin

      Delete
  25. hi sis , then what product that you use for now after dah stop Royal Expert ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, untuk moisturizer, I alternate between Clinique dramtically different moisturizing gel and Nature republic aloe vera gel now

      Delete
  26. May i know what is the best day cream for oily n easily sweat skin? After stop using rewc...im using glow skin white currently...luv it but during hot weather..errr...dont like it much..tq in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For oily and easily sweat skin I would highly recommend to use water based moisturizer that are in gel form. One that I like is the Aloe Vera Gel from Nature Republic

      Delete
  27. It is safe to use
    http://www.royalexpert.com/royal-expert-products-100-safe-use/
    https://m.facebook.com/OfficialRoyalExpertGroup/photos/a.770734469679554.1073741828.603054986447504/1367712623315066/?type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
  28. I need the old Royal Expert. I dont care bout mercury and what so ever! Please get me at 0194044404 NouRi. Seriously, after using the new Royal Expert 3B, my face got darker and very dry. Please help me! I need to buy the old Royal Expert! Help me to get thay back. Who knows, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I need the old Royal Expert! Doesn't bout mercury and what so ever... please get me at 0194044404... urgent needed 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete