Review : Lakme Eyeconic Kajal

by - Monday, March 28, 2016



It has been very long since I purchased an eyeliner pencil simply because I prefer using liquid and gel eyeliners. Reason being is because it is really hard to find a pencil liner that wont smudge on my oily eyelids. The Guardian at my place did a promotion on some of the Lakme makeup products last week and I took this chance to give it a shot since these kajals were on Buy 1 Free 1 promotion. The normal price is RM19.90 each. 

I believe it comes in six colours which are Black, White, Grey, Brown, Blue and Green.  I got two of them to try out which are Brown and White. They claim to be smudge proof, waterproof and last up to 10 hours on the eyes. 





These are retractable eyeliners and I did measured total product inside is about 3.5cm long, which is pretty standard I suppose? Upon swatches I find that the product is very smooth and very easy to work with. It is highly pigmented and glides on very easily. I do find that the white one is a lot creamier than the brown one and it has very fine shimmers in it which is perfect if you want to use it as highlighter on the tear ducts. 


These eyeliners doesn't budge when I put it under running water. But I had these on once and when I went to wash my face with just using water, it did disappear. Then I did the rub test and the eyeliner did budge but it takes quite a force to rub it until it smudges as in the picture above. I did wait a couple minutes for it to set before doing the test. So I would say be careful not to rub your eyes too hard when having these on. The brown one do seems to stay better than the white one though. I haven't had the chance to try this on for 10 hours but I did had it on for 6 hours straight and I am so happy with the staying power because it didn't smudge on my oily eyelids at all! Which is very rare for me so now I am kinda regretting not buying all the colors available during the promotion. 

This is actually my first time trying out Lakme product so now I am curious about the other products that they carry. I heard that the mascara from the same line is great too. For the price, it is really worth it. Lakme products are available at Guardian stores. I highly recommend these kajals!

Pros : 
  • Glides on easily
  • Highly pigmented
  • Smooth and creamy
  • Affordable
  • Good staying power
Cons : 
  • Not really waterproof

Will definitely repurchase and purchase the other colors available!

You May Also Like

0 comments