Review : Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream

by - Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I have always been a huge fan of lip colors. Name it lipsticks, lip glosses, lip pigments, and even tinted lip balms. My favorite part when doing make up is definitely putting on colors on my lips. I feel like it gives such a different glow to the face depending on the color of lips that you choose to put on that day. And when I first saw my cousin had a Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream on her lips, I knew I had to head to Sephora immediately to get one for myself.

Left : Antwerp
Right : Copenhagen

First, lets talk about the color pigmentation. I currently these in two shades;  Antwerp and Copenhagen. I believe they have a total of 22 shades available. I used to have Cannes and Amsterdam in my collection but unfortunately I misplaced them somewhere I guess I'll never be able to find them again. lol! Anyway, the pigmentation of these lip creams is AMAZING. Sometimes I only put little dabs on my lips and blend with my fingers to go for a more natural look. (for the Antwerp shade of course) And yet the color is buildable, so for instance if you want to go for a wine-maroon color, apply Copenhagen with 1 layer, and if you want a more of a burgundy-maroon lips, just put on more coats of it.


Longevity wise, the color stays put all day even after having a burger for meal. It dries to a soft velvety matte finish. It is not totally transfer-proof, but some tint will still stay on your lips after eating or drinking. I usually will put on lip balm first because my lips are naturally dry, no matter how many liters of water I drink per day, (sad life) and I put on a thick layer of it, so that might be the reason for the lip cream to easily transfer sometimes. I should try a lip primer for a solution next time. Comment below if you know a good one!

If you think Copenhagen is a little too dark for daily wear, you're totally wrong! I'm wearing Copenhagen in this picture.

Overall, this if definitely worth to buy if you're looking for a perfect lipstick that is matte. It is not so drying, though if you don't apply a lip balm beforehand, the darker colors might settle into your your lip cracks. So always exfoliate and moisturize your lips! Another downside is probably that they are always sold out at Sephora. It is that good. So if you can't find your favourite shade, you can always find them from instagram sellers with #nyxlipcream. Just make sure they are authentic before buying :D

Pros :
  • Beautiful color selections
  • Matte finish
  • Affordable
  • Very pigmented
Cons :
  • Could settle into lips cracks
  • Always sold out at Sephora
Will I repurchase?
Yes, I can't wait to try out the other shades available.

You May Also Like

0 comments