Review : Too Faced X Kat Von D Better Together Ultimate Eye Collection

by - Wednesday, February 14, 2018


This is not a new, but the most recent collaboration from Too Faced and Kat Von D. I have no idea why it took so long for me to do a review on this palette lol. But it is still available in Sephora if you want to get it. Anyway, better late than never, right?


The Ultimate Eye Collection comes with two eyeshadow palettes, a mascara and an eyeliner. The palettes are actually attached by a magnet, so you can separate them and bring each palette on their own to travel if you wish to.



I'll start with the Too Faced side. This palette comes with 6 shades which I think are very wearable on a daily basis. However, the matte shades are very disappointing to be honest. There is literally no pigment especially for the shade 'lovely'. I was quite excited seeing a pink shade on this palette because I do not own any pigmented pink eyeshadow yet, but yeah. The shade BFF is supposed to be a creamy shade, but it appears a bit white when swatched. here are the swatches of Too Faced palette.


I have no complaints with the shimmery and glittery shades, they are smooth and easy to blend, but there is no color that I am obsessed with. They're wearable.




I have to give the trophy to Kat Von D when it comes to the eyeshadow palette. Kat Von D's eyeshadows formula is a lot more buttery and super pigmented. I cannot get over the shade 'swoon'. It is absolutely stunning! It is not available on any other Kat Von D palettes unfortunately so you have to buy this whole collection even if that's the only shade you're loving lol. But seriously, that red color is so gorgeous and speaks on its own. Imagine layering it under an eyeshadow primer.


The mattes are pretty pigmented, but a little chalky. Just a little, I can still work with them. But honestly, who needs a white eyeshadow? How I wish she had replaced that white with a shade that would compliment a smokey look like purple or plum.


This collection comes with full size of cult products from both brands, which are the Better Than Sex mascara from Too Faced, and the very infamous Tattoo Liner from Kat Von D. I totally love both of the products and already did reviews on them a while back if you're curious about them.


Overall, for RM280, this collection isn't necessarily affordable, but it is not bad. If you're buying the mascara and the eyeliner separately, you are basically paying RM91 for 12 eyeshadows. That's pretty cheap and you get two palettes that will complete a day and night look. It will be great gift idea too. What's best is that this collaboration is totally cruelty free. I actually got this for a present from my boyfriend. Thank you love!

You May Also Like

0 comments